Wednesday, June 6, 2007

New open innovation research

At the open innovation blog, I’ve posted a series of articles on European research on open innovation, open source, and online communities. While some readers of this blog are interested in open innovation, that blog is more about academic research than the latest industry news.

The postings stem from a series of sessions at the European Academy of Management (EURAM) 2007 conference last month in Paris. I talked about the role of communities and users in innovation, the linkages between open innovation research and other forms of innovation research, and an interesting example of software open innovation beyond my earlier study of open source as open innovation. Vareska van de Vrande also posted an article based on the sessions she helped organize.

I am hoping having the separate blogs (there’s also my San Diego Telecom blog) is not a brand extension too far. I see this blog as appealing to readers of CNET or InfoWorld or Slashdot, whereas the other two blogs are more towards readers of specific books. The OI blog is about the 2003 and 2006 open innovation books, while the SD Telecom blog is about my (in progress) book Digitizing Communications.

I could see others blogging on the other sites (respectively researchers on open innovation or the SD telecom industry), whereas Open IT Strategies is clearly my voice and my own personal-professional musings.

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments: