Sunday, May 11, 2008

Who's the Mac user?

A friend forwarded an Internet joke that has been circulating since at least February 2004 but has also been posted in 2005, 2006, 2007 and in 2008. Here it is:

Abbot: Super Duper computer store. Can I help you? ..
Costello: Thanks. I'm setting up an office in my den, and I'm thinking about buying a computer.

Abbot: Mac?
Costello: No, the name's Lou

Abbot: Your computer?
Costello: I don't own a computer. I want to buy one.

Abbot: Mac?
Costello: I told you, my name's Lou

Abbot: What about Windows?
Costello: Why? Will it get stuffy in here?

Abbot: Do you want a computer with windows?
Costello: I don't know. What will I see when I look in the windows?

Abbot: Wallpaper.
Costello: Never mind the windows. I need a computer and software.

Abbot: Software for windows
Costello: No. On the computer! I need something I can use to write proposals, track expenses and run my business. What have you got?

Abbot: Office
Costello: Yeah, for my office. Can you recommend anything?

Abbot: I just did.
Costello: You just did what?

Abbot: Recommend something?
Costello: You recommended something?

Abbot: Yes.
Costello: For my office?

Abbot: Yes
Costello: OK, what did you recommend for my office?

Abbot: Office.
Costello: Yes, for my office!

Abbot: I recommend Office with Windows.
Costello: I already have an office and it has windows! OK, let's just say, I'm sitting at my computer and I want to type a proposal. What do I need?

Abbot: Word. Costello: what word?
Abbot: Word in Office.

Costello: the only word in office is office.
Abbot: the Word in Office for Windows.

Costello: which word in office for windows?
Abbot: the word you get when you click the blue W

Costello: I'm going to click your blue W if you don't start with some straight answers. What about financial bookkeeping, you have anything I can track my money with?
Abbot: Sure, Money.

Costello: that's right. What do you have?
Abbot: Money.

Costello: I need money to track my money?
Abbot: it comes bundled with your computer.

Costello: what's bundled with my computer?
Abbot: Money

Costello: money comes with my computer?
Abbot: yes. No extra charge.

Costello: I get a bundle of money with my computer? How much?
Abbot: one copy

Costello: isn't it illegal to copy money?
Abbot: Microsoft gave us a license to copy Money.

Costello: they can give you a license to copy money?
Abbot: why not, they own it.
Of course, the parody is a tribute to one of the best vaudeville skits of all time.

No comments: