Sunday, January 21, 2007

New Books on Open Innovation

I'm starting out this blog with some observations on open innovation, a recent area of research for me.

I am the co-editor of a recent book on innovation, Open Innovation: Researching a New Paradigm. The authors and I are justifiably proud of the serious and (IMHO) thoughtful treatment of the ideas of open innovation, an innovation paradigm that is becoming increasingly important in industry and academia. If you want a deep understanding of open innovation from multiple perspectives, this is the place to start.


My friend Henry Chesbrough also has a new book entitled Open Business Models, which offers a more practical outlook on how to incorporate open innovation into a firm's business model.

Finally, Henry’s original 2003 book is now available in paperback.

More information can be found at www.OpenInnovation.net.

No comments: