Monday, December 22, 2008

Blogging high water mark

A friend (who didn’t know I have a blog) found this today on Seeking Alpha:


Of course, that and $4 will get you a vente latte at Starbuck’s.†

SeekingalphaI didn’t think that “Four Dying Silicon Valley Companies” was a particularly inspired posting — merely commentary on a solid (if somewhat conventional) column by Chris O’Brien of the Merc on the plight of 3 ½ local companies.

My reading on what wins popularity at Seeking Alpha (a stock investment site) is that writing something opionated about more than one publicly traded company will attract attention. And, alas, offering biting criticism is more interesting that attempting to come up with solutions for companies in a difficult situation.

Still, my primary audience is readers of this blog. At the end of the year, I’m going to be soliciting feedback from readers about what they find most interesting and, by implication, what I should emphasize in 2010.

† I don’t drink coffee, so I’m guessing that’s still a reasonable market price nowadays.

No comments: